Norton AntiVirus is the entry-level product, with Norton Internet Security occupying the middle rung and Norton 360 aimed at people who want the most bang for the most buck. All the Norton products received a major overhaul this year as the interface has been optimized for touch screens and Windows 8. That doesn't mean that the advanced customizations aren't available, but there's no question that the new Norton design is focused on the future.
The design features four Windows 8-style tiles in the middle of a gray box. It's strongly influenced by Windows 8 design, but it actually isn't designed for the Metro side of Windows 8 -- it opens in a single window in Desktop mode. There's one big color scheme difference between Norton 360 and the AntiVirus and Internet Security suites. Whereas those suites have the feature "tiles" in black, 360 is in yellow with fonts in white. It renders the user interface horribly garish, and the white on yellow is difficult to read.
Advanced Internet and antivirus protection for anywhere you go and anything you do online.
- Provides proactive protection, so you can do what you want online, knowing you’re protected
- Improved SONAR technology and live 24x7 global threat monitoring stay ahead of emerging threats
- Ultra-fast Internet detection layer stops most threats before they can even reach your computer
- Advanced protection for your PC – includes everything from Norton™ AntiVirus
- Norton™ Protection System – Our 5 patented layers of protection detect and eliminate threats more quickly and accurately than other technologies.
- Network Defense Layer Protection – Stops online threats before they can reach your computer.
- SONAR Behavioral Protection & Live 24x7 Threat Monitoring – Stays ahead of, detects and eliminates threats that haven’t been invented yet by watching your PC for suspicious activity.